Terms & ConditionsClose this box
UKTV GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS ALSO APPLY.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND WHO TO CONTACT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES OR ISSUES WITH THE COMPETITION. IF THESE TERMS CONFLICT WITH THE GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS THEN THESE TERMS WILL APPLY.
1. NAME OF COMPETITION: Private Lives of the Tudors book competition (the “Competition”).
2. METHOD OF ENTRY AND COMPETITION QUESTION: You can enter this Competition by visiting the Yesterday website (http://yesterday.uktv.co.uk) (the “Website”) and registering your details (if you aren’t registered already), agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and answering the following multiple choice question:
“Who presents the documentary of Private Lives of the Tudors on Yesterday?”
a) David Starkey b) Lucy Worsley c) Tracy Borman
3.PRIZE: 3.1 There will be 4 (winners) winners (each a “Winner”).
3.2 The prize will be 1 (one) out of 4 (four) new Private Lives of the Tudors book (the “Prize”).
3.3 No alternative prize will be given and the Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, the Promoter reserves the right to change the Prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative prize of similar value.
3.4 Each Winner agrees to absolve the Promoter from any liability that may result from or is claimed to have resulted from participating in the Competition or from the acceptance or use of the Prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions in any way limits the Promoter (or any other person or organisation’s) liability for fraud, or death or personal injury caused by negligence.
3.5 It is your responsibility to pay any and all applicable taxes which may be due on prizes and to assess whether the Prizes are suitable for you and to read and comply with any safety notices or instruction manuals delivered with any Prize.
4. SPECIFIC RESTRICTIONS: 4.1 All entrants must be over 18 (eighteen) years of age at the date of entry and a legal resident in the UK.
4.2 Employees of the Promoter and any other company associated with this Competition are prohibited from entering this Competition.
4.3 All entrants must have the internet service or mobile device bill payer’s permission prior to entering.
4.4 Entrants may be required to provide proof of identification and/or age before claiming the Prize.
5. COMPETITION PERIOD: 5.1 The Competition will be open between 7th June 2016 at 10am and will close on 14th June 2016 at 5pm.
5.2 Any entries received outside of the Competition Period (for whatever reason) will be invalid but you may still be charged for the entry where costs apply.
6. WINNER SELECTION:
6.1 The Winners will be the first 4 (four) correct entries to be selected at random at the end of the Competition Period from all correct and eligible entries received. Winner selection by the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into whatsoever regarding Winner selection.
6.2 The Winner must claim the Prize by successfully responding to the Promoter’s notification by email or telephone within 21 days of the Promoter’s first notification being sent. Please allow a further 21 days for the Prize to be delivered to you.
7. METHOD OF ENTRY & COST: You can enter this Competition free of charge on the Website as per the process described in section 2. You may need to register yourself, free of charge, on the Website.
8. ENTRY LIMITATIONS:
Only one entry per person via the yesterday website (http://yesterday.uktv.co.uk) and in the case of multiple entries, only the original entry will be counted. Any automated entries made by a ‘bot’ or by using any similar automated third party programme to submit multiple entries will be grounds for immediate disqualification. Where a Winner has been selected and the Promoter discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the Winner has used a ‘bot’ or similar third party software to submit multiple entries, the Promoter shall have the absolute discretion to select an alternative winner. Any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these terms and conditions.
9. PROMOTER & PRIZE PROVIDER: This Competition and Prize is offered to you by UKTV Media Limited ("the Promoter”). Our registered office is 10 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP and our company registration number is 04266373.
For all queries or issues with this Competition please contact: Email: email@example.com Post: UKTV Viewers, 10 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP Phone: 0203 752 7727
10. PUBLICITY: Entry to the Competition gives the Promoter the right, without separate consent or compensation, to publicise any Winners’ names and counties and to make further use of these in printed publications and on the Internet solely for administering this Competition in accordance with applicable law.
11. LAW AND JURISDICTION: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.Back to top